AltaLink's Vision and Values
We are a world class electric transmission company defined by exceptional safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, customer service, and a commitment to the environment. Our competitive advantage is the solutions we provide through our use of technology, innovation and a unique corporate culture that delivers value to customers, shareholders and stakeholders.
- Safety is part of who we are and what we stand for, it will never be prioritized.
- We think, act and behave safely, everywhere, all the time.
- We care about our co-worker's safety and rely on them to care for ours; we do not let each other down.
High Calibre Workforce
- Our employees, contractors and consultants work together to achieve and exceed our company's goals.
- We have a reputation for developing a high performance culture that attracts and retains a high calibre workforce.
- We are committed to continuous development of our employees.
- Decision making is expected from all levels of the organization.
Work Life Balance
- We believe that employees have unique needs and circumstances that define work-life balance for them. By understanding and respecting these needs we enable each individual's own work-life balance.
- We are an environmentally responsible corporate citizen.
- We strive to protect the environments where we are located and operate.
- We continually reduce our environmental footprint.
- Integrity at AltaLink is reflected in everything we do.
- We are honest, transparent and fair in all we do.
- Our reputation is built on our integrity.
Stakeholder and Customer Engagement
- We treat our stakeholders and customers with respect.
- Customers and stakeholders are confident that we will do what we say we are going to do.
- We seek to deliver the value of our customers' requests.
- Respect is the cornerstone of all our relationships.
- A differentiating aspect of our culture is that we always demonstrate respect for customers, employees, contractors and stakeholders - even when we disagree.
- We respect the diversity of our workforce.
Innovation, Continuous Improvement and Quality
- We value innovations in technology, strategies, processes and people practices.
- We seek diversity of opinion.
- We do not compromise quality.
- We strive for improvements in all we do.
In This Section
Rewarding Careers at AltaLink
At AltaLink, we are doing everything in our power to attract the best and brightest.
Did You Know?
The average elementary school in our province uses 21,250 kilowatt hours (kWh) of electricity a month. That's more than a city block of 20 houses uses in a month.