At AltaLink, sustainability is at the heart of our business strategy. Every decision and plan considers environmental, social and economic impacts now and for the future.
Our framework includes our core business practices and values, and builds on existing programs, policies and procedures, as well as industry best practices in corporate sustainability.
Four key principles guide AltaLink's corporate sustainability:
- We manage our business to avoid or minimize environmental impacts; we seek opportunities to reclaim and restore where impacts are unavoidable; and we maintain a responsible approach to resource consumption.
- We provide a safe, healthy work environment and support and respect a diverse workplace.
- We communicate and consult with stakeholders, including Aboriginal Peoples, landowners and our customers in a transparent, timely and respectful manner.
- We deliver and use electricity in a safe, reliable and cost-effective manner to meet current and future needs.
AltaLink online corporate sustainability reports
We are proud to release our 2019 online Sustainability Report!
Sustainable Electricity Designation
On January 10, 2014, AltaLink was honoured to be the first electricity transmission company and only the second electricity company in Canada to receive the Canadian Electricity Association’s (CEA) Sustainable Electricity Company.
On November 13, 2019, the CEA announced that AltaLink became the first Canadian utility to be re-designated as a Sustainability Electricity Company, reflecting our ongoing commitment to meeting the needs of our customers, communities and employees through sustainable business practices.
The designation was developed by the CEA for utility companies across Canada and requires utilities to commit to standards for environmental and social responsibility. In addition to the standards, companies must also pass a third-party external verification to ensure adherence to the standard.
AltaLink’s designation as a Sustainable Electricity CompanyTM is a reflection of our commitment to meeting the needs of our stakeholders, communities and employees through sustainable business practices.
- Community Investment
- Linked to Our Communities
- Powerful Giving
- Powerful Employees
- Powerful Education
- Requests for Sponsorship
- Scholarship Recipients
- Meet the 2007 Recipients!
- Meet the 2008 Recipients!
- Meet the 2015 Recipients!
- Meet the 2016 Recipients!
- Meet the 2017 Recipients!
- Meet the 2018 Recipients!
- Meet the 2019 Recipients
- Meet the 2009 Recipients!
- Meet the 2010 Recipients!
- Meet the 2011 Recipients!
- Meet the 2012 Recipients!
- Meet the 2013 Recipients!
- Meet the 2014 Recipients!
- Indigenous Relations