About AltaLink Transmission Projects
Project open houses and information centres
Please check back often for upcoming open house and information centre dates and times.
We look forward to meeting with stakeholders and learning more about how, together, we can find the best locations for our facilities.
AltaLink identifies potential locations for new transmission lines or substations through a combination of technical research (including mapping study, residence counts and identification of possible routing constraints), environmental study and stakeholder consultation.
How can you be involved in the process?
AltaLink is committed to an open, respectful and thorough consultation program. We work to identify routes with the lowest overall impact on landowners and the environment. Stakeholder input is crucial throughout this process.
- We host open houses and meet with landowners one-on-one to collect input about the preliminary routes.
- We take into consideration the stakeholder input and other technical and environmental information to help us refine the routes.
- Depending on the project, we may complete a subsequent round of consultation on the refined routes. If this second round occurs, we will update the information package for community members and once again host open houses and one-on-one meetings.
- For most projects, we determine preferred and alternate routes that we believe have the lowest overall impact. The preferred and alternate routes will be included in our application so that the Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC) has different route options to review.
- We communicate with the community about those routes and file a Facilities Application with the AUC.HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN A PROJECT
If you have concerns about a project, you can participate prior to project approval by following the process outlined in the AUC brochure: Public involvement in a proposed utility development.
- About AltaLink Transmission Projects
- Project Map
- Project Listing
- For Landowners
- Maintenance Work Explained
- Transmission Line Construction