AltaLink is proposing to build a new substation, called Hornbeck, located at the Kinder Morgan Canada Edson Pump Station facility approximately 10 kilometres (3 miles) west of Edson in Yellowhead County. Please contact Kinder Morgan Canada/ Trans Mountain if you have questions about their projects in the area.
The new Hornbeck Substation project includes building:
- one 138/4.16 kV transformer
- two new 138 kV circuit breakers
- one control building
- two 138 kV transmission lines, each approximately 260 metres (853 feet) in length
- overhead fibre optic cable along the transmission line
- a fenced area of approximately 43 x 40 metres (125 x 131 feet)
Anticipated Project Schedule
|Summer/Fall 2018||Start Construction|
|Early 2019||Complete Construction|
Although we attempt to follow the anticipated project schedule, it is subject to change. We will continue to provide you with updated schedule information as the project progresses.