AltaLink’s existing 113L transmission line was constructed in 1953. We are proposing to rebuild portions of this line to ensure that a safe and reliable supply of power is available for years to come. We do not anticipate any disruption of power to residents while the transmission line is being rebuilt.
- We are proposing to rebuild approximately 23 kilometres of the overhead portion of 113L line that runs from the Spray Substation through the Town of Canmore, the Municipal District of Bighorn, the Kananaskis Improvement District, and the Bow Valley Provincial Park to the Kananaskis River
- August 2020
- Update:113L Transmission Line Rebuild Newsletter
- 113L Transmission Line Rebuild - COVID-19 Project Letter
- 113L Transmission Line Rebuild - Detail Base map
- 113L Transmission Line Rebuild - Detail Photo map
- 113L Transmission Line Rebuild - Strip map
- February 2020
- DB Map
- DP Map
- Strip Maps
Anticipated Project Schedule
|Spring 2021||Start Construction|
|Winter 2022||Complete Construction|
Although we attempt to follow the anticipated project schedule, it is subject to change. We will continue to provide you with updated schedule information as the project progresses.