We are committed to investing in the next leaders of Alberta and we are proud to support them in reaching their goals through our scholarship program.
Please click through the links below for more information about our scholarships.
AltaLink Centennial Scholarship
AltaLink launched the Centennial Scholarship program in 2005. This program is directed to students from rural Alberta planning to attend or attending post-secondary institutions.
The awards are available to students attending the following Alberta post-secondary institutions:
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- Bow Valley College
- Lethbridge College
- Red Deer College
- Olds College
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
Detailed eligibility requirements can be found at each of the post-secondary institutions.
Indigenous Student Awards
Recognizing leaders in the Indigenous community by offering scholarships to students attending post-secondary institutions.Four eligible students from each of Treaty 6, 7, 8 and the Métis community in Alberta will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship.
Up to half of the awards each year may be given to students enrolled in programs specific to the electricity transmission sector, depending on their application qualifications. In Alberta, electricity transmission sector education programs include:
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Powerline Technician Apprenticeship
- Power System Electrical Apprenticeship
- Pre-Apprenticeship – Powerline or Power Systems Technician (programs must prepare students to write the 1st year apprenticeship exam)
- Utility Tree Worker and Utility Tree Trimmer Safety Training (Professional Vegetation Managers Association recognized course)
AltaLink’s Indigenous Student Awards are delivered through our partnership with Indspire. Application deadlines are February 1, August 1, and November 1. To apply, please visit: https://indspirefunding.ca/altalink/