AltaLink's Environmental Policy
AltaLink understands the importance of minimizing our impact on Alberta’s natural landscapes and its inhabitants, so we strive to balance the effect of our operations on the environment. As such, we have set strict standards by which to operate our business with respect to our environmental responsibilities.
- Meet or surpass all environmental legislation, regulations, and other applicable requirements established for transmission providers;
- Continuously strive to improve our environmental performance consistent with our defined business goals;
- Integrate environmental and economic considerations into our planning and operations processes;
- Ensure that the environmental impacts and risks of our activities are effectively identified, assessed and managed;
- Use an environmental audit process to assess compliance with AltaLink's Environmental Management System; audit findings will be reported periodically to the Board of Directors;
- Use an environmental management system to set environmental objectives and targets that support this policy, and regularly review performance against these objectives with senior management;
- Inform and encourage meaningful consultation and collaboration with employees, customers, contractors and the public related to our operations and its impact on the environment; and
- Be an environmentally responsible neighbour in the communities in which we operate.
In This Section
Rewarding Careers at AltaLink
At AltaLink, we are doing everything in our power to attract the best and brightest.
Did You Know?
Essential services that are critical to Albertans, such as hospitals, rely on large amounts of power. On average, hospitals
use 1,875,000 kilowatt hours (kWh) of electricity a month.