AltaLink is committed to respecting personal information and your privacy. Information about our privacy practices is provided below.
What we collect
We collect and maintain the personal information of landowners who host AltaLink transmission facilities on their property. We also collect personal information during public consultation for new transmission projects.
Personal information we collect includes:
- contact information (name, address, email address and telephone numbers)
- stakeholder land locations and property maps
- input about a proposed project and specific commitment requests
- legal documents (land titles)
Why we collect personal information
- notify potentially impacted stakeholders about proposed transmission projects
- provide stakeholders with ongoing communication and collect input
- meet legal and regulatory requirements
Who we share information with
As part of the regulatory process for new transmission projects, AltaLink submits Applications to the Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC) for review and approval. Applications include routing details, technical details and the results of the public consultation program with stakeholders.
How we use the information we collect
Stakeholder information that AltaLink shares with the AUC includes:
- stakeholder contact information (included in the Application)
- information provided to AltaLink that may be required by the AUC as part of its consideration of AltaLink’s application
- information provided to AltaLink that may be used and disclosed during the regulatory review process to clarify any disputed facts or any decisions made with respect to the transmission project
If the transmission project is approved, AltaLink will use the personal information collected to manage the construction, operation and maintenance of the transmission facilities. AltaLink may use this information in an application with the Surface Rights Board.
At times, AltaLink distributes information about the need of a project under direction of the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO). AltaLink will only provide your concerns about the need for the project to the AESO if you consent to the disclosure of your personal information.
How we protect your personal information
In order to protect your privacy, we:
- will not rent or sell your personal information to any third party
- protect your personal information with security safeguards
- only keep your personal information as long as reasonably required
- restrict who has access to your personal information
Access to your personal information
It is important that the information contained in our records is current. If you have any questions or would like to update or access your personal information, contact us directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 1-877-267-6760.