connecting to the grid
We’re your one stop shop to ensure you have a safe, reliable and cost-effective transmission connection to Alberta’s electricity grid. We provide innovative solutions through a capable and experienced team with access to multi-disciplinary engineering resources, project management, siting and permitting, stakeholder consultation and Indigenous engagement.
The AltaLink Advantage
We’re Alberta’s largest electricity transmission provider and we know transmission. Our network of more than 13,000 kilometres of transmission lines and 300 substations delivers reliable energy to more than three million Albertans (85% of the population) every day.
- Since 2012 AltaLink has been responsible for 64% of the transmission built in Alberta
- We have a proven track record with regulatory applications and stakeholder engagement through the filing of more than 380 transmission Facility Applications with the Alberta Utilities Commission – more than anyone else in the province
- We have worked together with 30 Indigenous communities on projects and conducted field work with 11 of those communities to identify important land features requiring collaboration
- We have more than 15 years of experience in operating and maintaining transmission assets in Alberta and we’re proud of our industry leading record on reliability
- Three of the four successful projects in Round 1 of the Renewable Electricity Program (REP) have been supported by AltaLink. More information on the Renewable Electricity Program can be found here
For more information about AltaLink, how to connect and what we can do for you, please contact us:
Manager, Customer Operations
For all other inquiries: 403-267-3400