May 28, 2020
AltaLink donates $50,000 to the United Way COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery Fund
As a longtime supporter of the United Way at AltaLink we have seen the positive and lasting impact that the organization and its volunteers can have in our communities.
During this time of uncertainty we know it is essential to support the most vulnerable in our communities. That’s why, through employee donations and a corporate match, AltaLink is proud to donate $50,000 to the United Way’s COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery Fund to support those most affected by the pandemic.
“As an essential service for more than three million Albertans, AltaLink is committed to supporting the communities where we live and where we operate,” said Scott Thon, AltaLink President and CEO. “Our employees have continuously stepped up in challenging times to support their fellow Albertans, and it is inspiring to see this outpouring of support and generosity during a very difficult time for many in our province.”
Although it is a national fund, the COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery Fund allocates dollars to the communities where the donations came from. In this case, our donations will be allocated to communities across Alberta with a focus on:
- Food security
- Access to or maintaining existing shelter or housing
- Accessing critical/emergency services either remotely or online
- Access to tax filing and benefit application services
- Childcare for families needing to work outside of the home
- Access to inclusive mental health services (including specialized supports that are culturally appropriate for different communities)
- Access to sanitizing or disinfecting products and cleaning supplies
We’re proud to keep the lights on in Alberta and we’re proud to do our part to support those that need a little extra help in our province.
More information about the fund can be found here.
Stay safe and stay healthy.