About AltaLink Transmission Projects
Project open houses and information centres
54L Transmission Line Rebuild: Canmore - Virtual Information Session
AltaLink hosted a virtual information session to answer your questions and provide more information on the proposed 54L Transmission Line Rebuild: Canmore on November 3, 2021. Members of our consultation, environment, electrical effects and siting teams were available to discuss the project during the session. If you were unable to attend this session, you can watch a recording of it here.
You can learn more about the proposed 54L Transmission Line Rebuild: Canmore on the project page.
We look forward to meeting with stakeholders and learning more about how, together, we can find the best locations for our facilities.
AltaLink identifies potential locations for new transmission lines or substations through a combination of technical research (including mapping study, residence counts and identification of possible routing constraints), environmental study and stakeholder consultation.
How can you be involved in the process?
AltaLink is committed to an open, respectful and thorough consultation program. We work to identify routes with the lowest overall impact on landowners and the environment. Stakeholder input is crucial throughout this process.
- We host open houses and meet with landowners one-on-one to collect input about the preliminary routes.
- We take into consideration the stakeholder input and other technical and environmental information to help us refine the routes.
- Depending on the project, we may complete a subsequent round of consultation on the refined routes. If this second round occurs, we will update the information package for community members and once again host open houses and one-on-one meetings.
- For most projects, we determine preferred and alternate routes that we believe have the lowest overall impact. The preferred and alternate routes will be included in our application so that the Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC) has different route options to review.
- We communicate with the community about those routes and file a Facilities Application with the AUC.
If you have concerns about a project, you can participate prior to project approval by following the process outlined in the AUC brochure: Participating in the AUC's Independent Review Process
For more information about the review process for facility applications, you can visit the AUC website.
- About AltaLink Transmission Projects
- Project Map
- Project Listing
- For Landowners
- Maintenance Work Explained
- Transmission Line Construction