AltaLink’s existing 113L transmission line was constructed in 1953. We are rebuilding portions of this line to ensure that a safe and reliable supply of power is available for years to come. We do not anticipate any disruption of power to residents while the transmission line is being rebuilt.
- The project involves rebuilding approximately 23 kilometres of the overhead portion of 113L line that runs from the Town of Canmore to the Kananaskis River
August 12, 2022: Helicopter inspections
On Friday, August 12, AltaLink will use a helicopter to perform visual inspections of our transmission lines in the area as we prepare to continue work on the 113L transmission line. You may see us in or near Canmore, Dead Man’s Flats and Lac Des Arcs between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
August to November 2022: Construction and vegetation management activities
Construction and vegetation management activities will occur between Lac Des Arcs and the Kananaskis River beginning Monday, August 15. Depending on where you are in relation to the project, you may see or hear:
- noise and construction crews
- transmission structure construction and removal
- wire stringing on the transmission structures
- ongoing tree and vegetation management clearing, including logging equipment and trucks
Vegetation debris, including branches, will be safely burned. These vegetation burnings will be highly controlled and follow strict safety protocols. Smoke may be visible in parts of Canmore, Dead Man’s Flats and Lac Des Arcs.
Occasional traffic accommodations, such as speed reductions and lane closures, may be required on Highway 1 near Lac Des Arcs and Dead Man’s Flats during construction activities. We will share updates on our social media accounts.
- August 2022
- Construction update for August to November 2022
- December 2021
- Construction update for January to April 2022
- October 2021
- Notice of project approval
- May 2021
- 113L Transmission Line Rebuild- Notice of Filing and Project Update
- 113L Transmission Line Rebuild- COVID-19 Project Letter
- November 2020
- 113L Transmission Line Rebuild- Project Update
- August 2020
- Update:113L Transmission Line Rebuild Newsletter
- 113L Transmission Line Rebuild - COVID-19 Project Letter
- 113L Transmission Line Rebuild - Detail Base map
- 113L Transmission Line Rebuild - Detail Photo map
- 113L Transmission Line Rebuild - Strip map
- February 2020
- DB Map
- DP Map
- Strip Maps
Anticipated Project Schedule
|January 2022||Start Construction|
|January 2023||Complete Construction|
Although we attempt to follow the anticipated project schedule, it is subject to change. We will continue to provide you with updated schedule information as the project progresses.