At the heart of AltaLink is our people. They are our competitive advantage. We take a holistic approach to the health and wellness of our employees and make no compromises when it comes to providing a safe work environment.
Our commitment to the communities we serve comes to life through our community investment strategy, and our consultation efforts.
We know a sustainable future isn’t possible without keeping our employees safe, having strong relationships with the communities we serve and providing exceptional service to our customers.
In 2020, our commitment to safety, supporting our communities and the meeting the needs of our customers came to life through some of our best-ever results.
- For the fourth consecutive year, we received the Canadian Electricity Association’s (CEA) President’s Award of Excellence for employee safety as the best performing transmission company with 300-1,500 full-time employees.
- We consulted with more than 1,100 stakeholders and notified over 6,800 stakeholders on our projects across the province.
- We implemented a comprehensive injury prevention program, called MoveSafe, that covers body preparation and maintenance, ergonomics and safe movement. Since launching the program, more than 500 employees have taken part in the full training and have started implementing the principles into their daily routines.
- Through our annual employee giving campaign, Powerful Giving, our employees stepped up and raised a record-breaking more than $1 million in donations to charities across the province.
- Our frequency of outages improved and was 0.39 compared to 0.43 for the same period in 2019, a new best-ever result.
- We were the recipient of the CEA’s 2020 Award for Advancement of an Integrated Approach to Sustainability for our two limited partnerships with the Piikani Nation and the Kainai-Blood Tribe, who are now long-term investors in high-voltage electricity infrastructure on their land.