Powering a grid for all means that we’re empowering the people that make it possible, we’re supporting the communities where we operate, we’re delivering the energy that Albertans rely on 24/7 and we’re engaging in meaningful collaboration as we contribute to the growth of the grid.
- We achieved a significant safety milestone, going one full calendar year without an employee safety incident.
- As part of Berkshire Hathaway Energy’s commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, AltaLink was proud to be involved in launching two employee resource groups in 2021: BEAUTIE (Black Employees and Allies United to Inspire Equity) and Pride Connection. We also launched our first-ever Diversity & Inclusion Pulse Survey, receiving more than 80 per cent favourable responses in terms of AltaLink actively supporting Diversity & Inclusion in the workplace.
- Providing more flexibility in how and where employees work, we launched our new Hybrid Work Program in advance of our return to the office, with more than 90 per cent of eligible employees signing up to participate.
- The United Way of Calgary and Area selected AltaLink as the recipient of the President’s Award as part of its annual Community Impact Awards.
- We announced AltaLink’s support of Indigenous communities with a donation matching program through the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation. Through both employee and corporate donations, a combined $35,600 was donated to the Na-mi-quai-ni-mak (I remember them) fund.
- We achieved our best-ever results when it came to customer satisfaction with an average survey score of 9.43 (out of 10), compared to 9.13 in 2020. We also achieved new best-ever records when it came to reliability with an average customer outage duration of 13 minutes compared to 20 minutes in 2020.
- We delivered $305.1 million is cost reductions for our customers.
ESG in Action: $1 Million+Donated
Through our annual Powerful Giving campaign, we donated more than $1 million in support of the United Way and received the United Way of Calgary and Area’s President’s Award for Community Impact. Click here to learn more.
ESG in Action: Leading on safety
We achieved a significant safety milestone, going one full calendar year without an employee safety incident. Our employee safety performance was recognized by our industry peers in 2021, and for the fifth consecutive year, AltaLink was awarded the Electricity Canada's President’s Award of Excellence for Employee Safety—Transmission. Click here to learn more.