PR Development’s proposed Prominence Solar Project is located in Lethbridge County in SE-14-10-21-W4, approximately six kilometres (km) southeast of the Town of Picture Butte.
To connect PR Development’s project to the grid, AltaLink is proposing to:
- modify the existing 138 kilovolt (kV) transmission line (called 172L) by:
- removing one existing structure
- adding two structures called line switches and one monopole structure (see more in the table below)
- construct approximately 80 metres (m) of new single circuit 138 kV transmission line
- install approximately two km of buried fibre optic cable between PR Development’s proposed Elder Substation and AltaLink’s existing Picture Butte Substation
- November 2022
- Project newsletter
- Detail photo map
- AESO need overview
Anticipated Project Schedule
|January 2024||Start Construction|
|April 2024||Complete Construction|
Although we attempt to follow the anticipated project schedule, it is subject to change. We will continue to provide you with updated schedule information as the project progresses.